We no longer know what to do in case of health problems. So you go to see your doctor, who is over valued, & yet his knowledge is very limited: he never study nutrition or the traditional way of life but only learned how to treat symptoms (not the causes).
If you have a good mental, physical & spiritual condition, you experience life as paradise. Let’s aim for that!
In the meantime, Let’s take advantage of the medicinal properties of foods. Today I am searching for ways to boost my immune system & recovering from an acute viral pharyngitis. I failed at managing stress & anxiety. Yep.
So here I am looking for some green vegetables: rich in vitamins, beta-carotene, & minerals, which play a key role in strengthening the immune system.
The high concentration of vitamin C in Daikon makes it an ideal partner for your immune system, as it stimulates the production of white blood cells and so, it speeds healing & repair throughout the cells & tissues of the body.
Other Star Foods to boost your immune system (while fighting throat infections) include: bay leaves, blackberry, blackcurrant, blueberry, carrot, celery, chives, garlic, honey, figs, leeks, lemon, onions, rosemary, pepper, thyme, vinegar …
🍃From my pantry:
- Kale (1 Cup)
- Dried Daikon (1/4 Cup)
- Leek (1 Cup)
- Coconut oil (1 Tbsp)
- Crispy Onions
- Himalayan Salt
- Wash the leeks and cut them into 1cm slices.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a large pot on a high heat, add all the sliced leek and a pinch of salt and cook with the lid ajar for about 10 minutes, or until softened, stirring regularly.
- Check to make sure the leeks are not browning 🙂
- Add 1 litre of boiling water.
- Add the kale & dried daikon.
- Cover the pot and cook for 30 minutes -on a low flame-.
- Eat the soup with some crispy onion on top. Yummy !