This recipe requires 12 ingredients. Ready?
🍃From my pantry:
- Dry chickpeas (1 cup)
- Broccoli (1 cup)
- Pistachio nuts (1 Tbsp)
- Onion powder (1/2 tsp)
- Garlic powder (1/2tsp)
- Cumin powder (1/4 tsp)
- Allspice powder (1/4 tsp)
- Quinoa flour (1 Tbsp)
- Lemon juice (1 Tbsp)
- Himalayan Salt (1 1/2 tsp)
- Olive Oil (3-4 Tbsp)
- Love (1/2 kg)
I have used organic dry chickpeas (instead of canned chickpeas) and the Vurgers are pan-fried (instead of baked). So, I started the night before by placing the chickpeas in a bowl and covering with cold water.
- Place them into a bowl. Soak overnight.
- Rinse the chickpeas and cook them for about 1 hour over medium heat with a couple of bay leaves and salt.
- Steam broccoli florets for 4 to 5 minutes (until tender/crispy).
- The cooked chickpeas are then blended with steamed broccoli, pistachio nuts, onion powder, garlic powder, cumin powder, allspice power, lemon juice, Himalayan salt and quinoa flour.
- I left the paste in the refrigerator for 1 hour. Then I shaped it into small discs (using my hands) and fried them with olive oil from the village where I spent all my childhood summers, Viver and grated lemon.
- I used a cast iron skillet. I added a thin layer of oil, waited for the oil to heat up and cooked the patties over medium heat.
- Once the bottom side is browned, remember to flip them gently as they can be fragile !
- They are ready to eat or to freeze.