Chew, chew, chew your food.
From my pantry:
- Cooked Brown Rice, 1 cup
- Leftover Dal, 1 cup
- Olive Oil, for deep frying
- Quinoa Flour
- Chia ‘Eggs’
- Sesame seeds
- Sun-dried tomatoes, to taste
- Avocado, half
- Lime, to sprinkler over avocado
- Chia ‘Eggs’: Grind the chia seeds, mix 1 Tbsp of ground seeds with 3 Tbsp of water. Stir well. Place in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Mix cooked brown rice, leftover dal, chia ‘eggs’ and quinoa flour gently with a spatula.
- Using your hands, shape mixture into croquettes.
- Mix quinoa flour (1/3 cup) with water (6 Tbsp) to make batter.
- Dip each croquette into batter to make a thin coating.
- Roll each croquette in sesame seeds to coat all surfaces.
- Repeat this process with each croquette.
- Deep-fry croquettes until the colour turns golden and the texture is crispy.
- Place the croquettes on a paper towel to drain excess oil.
- Serve with lime – avocado and sun-dried tomatoes.