Nutritional Powerhouse: Any combination of lentils (~ 20%) and rice (~80%) has all the necessary acids, making a complete protein.
🍃From my pantry:
- Red Lentils (Masoor Dal), 1 Cup
- Curry (1/2 tsp)
- Turmeric (1/2 tsp)
- Chilli powder (1/2 tsp)
- Tomato (100 grams)
- Cumin (1 tsp)
- Leeks (1/2 piece)
- Garlic, minced ( 1Tbsp)
- Spring water (3 Cup or as required)
- Coconut oil, (1 Tbsp)
- Heat coconut oil in a large pot over medium-low heat. Add leeks, tomato, and garlic to the pan and gently sauté for 5 minutes.
- Place the red lentils in a bowl and wash them well.
- Drain the lentils and put them in a heavy-based pan with veggies and spring water water.
- Bring up to pressure on a medium flame.
- Add the salt, chilli powder, cumin, turmeric … to the lentils. Stir and bring to a simmer.
- Cover, leaving the lid slightly ajar. Cook the dal over low heat for 45 minutes -on a low flame-, stirring occasionally.
- Eat them with some organic brown rice !
Note: It does not need soaking prior to cooking as it is a soft dal & cooks quickly.